The First Toy Hunt Roundup!


Hello, and welcome to The Collector Life! Today I'm going to be posting my the first Toy Hunt Roundup, which is where I share photos, stories, and instagram posts from toy hunts "in the wild." This past Sunday I went to a local flea market in search of old toys. I did find a few, but it was overall a disappointing trip.







A photo posted by Helena (@thecollectorlife) on



I really showed my MLP collector greenness here. I had no idea that Buttons is in fact well worth $10 (actually much more than $10!) I only had a five dollar bill left after buying the G3s, though, so now I'm hoping that she will still be hiding in that little corner this Sunday when I go back.




It was a very disappointing hunt, honestly. Finding G1 ponies in the wild and not being able to take them home is, in my opinion, worse than NOT finding them. I was pretty bummed out on the way home. My husband felt really bad for me, and asked me if I'd want to have one of my Christmas gifts early to make me feel a little better. At first I said "No." I didn't want to have Christmas weeks early just because I deal really badly with disappointment. He said that it would be okay, and that it wasn't my only gift, so I said sure.


                                                                              (Click the photos to view full size)



Welcome to the "herd," Wigwam!


Wigwam is my first ever Big Brother Pony.


He has pretty bad tail rust, a small scratch on his right cheek, and a possible hair cut.

I am thrilled with Wigwam! I will be restoring him and posting these photos again along with his "after" shots, so stay tuned for that.

I hope you enjoyed my first Toy Hunt Roundup. How often do you score when you toy hunt "in the wild?" Do you deal with disappointment like a bummed out 4 year old, like I do? ;) Let me know in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. I love hunting for ponies in the wild. Not that I have much luck as our local car boots and charity shops are picked clean by greedy toy dealers most of the time. :( Funnily enough, my mum finds G1s almost every time she goes to a car boot sale without me, but I think I've only found one all year (Peppermint Crunch...but she was only 20p!) I guess I need to send my mum pony hunting and stay home more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need some of your mom's luck, too! Usually I don't find anything. This hunt was the biggest find of my toy hunting "career." I will be hunting in a different city this Saturday. I hope it's successful, and I hope you have a successful hunt soon, too. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh, Buttons for $10?! You must go back, and soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, Buttons for $10?! You must go back, and soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete