Meet The Herd: Beach Ball




About a week ago my husband came across Beach Ball on Ebay for a super reasonable price. The seller had her marked down because she had very frizzy hair that they could not tame. I really like restoring and styling ponies (there will be a few posts about some problematic ponies in my herd soon) so my husband snapped her up for me. She got to me last night, and she was an easy fix!

(Click the photos to view full size)



She had an incredibly clean body on the inside, which I was glad to see after a recent fiasco with another unicorn who shall not yet be named  Her hair was pretty frizzy, but I knew how I wanted to deal with it and was not concerned.




She has to stand just right or she will topple over.


Beach Ball had a few weird issues. Her rear right leg was a little wonky, and it still is. She also had some ink or something by her right eye which came off easily with acetone.






There was/is some clear nail polish-eqsue stuff on her front right leg. I got a lot of it off with acetone, but not all of it. I'm going to try to treat it again soon and attempt to remove the rest.




And here she is restored!


I decided to curl her mane and tail, both to try to hide some of the frizz and because I have a problem with wanting to curl every long haired pony that I see. 










I really love the color of Beach Ball's body. It's a really unusual shade of purple, which is one of my favorite colors. I'm pumped to have her and am on the hunt for the rest of the Sunshine Ponies now!



Pony Name: Beach Ball
Year of Release: Year 7 (1988-1989)
Set: Sunshine
Pose: Buttons Pose
Body Color: Purple
Hair Color: Aqua with a white stripe that turns pink in UV light
Hair Style: Mid-long with waves 
Eye Color: Purple
Symbol: Yellow, blue, and white beach balls with yellow stars
Scent: None
Accessories: Beach Ball was originally released with a purple sun pick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment